City of Moody, Texas
P.O. Box 68 606 Ave E.
Moody TX 76557
254-853-2314 Fax : 254-853-2164
MINUTES of the City Council, July 21, 2022
The city council of Moody, Texas met in a public hearing and a regular session July 21, 2022. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. The following items were addressed:
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT. Mayor Pro-Tem, John Carpenter, called the Public Hearing of the Moody City Council to order, determined that a quorum was present with himself, John Carpenter, Richard Moore, Josh Richter, Karla Alton and Jennifer Houghton. Members of the Council Bar also in attendance were City Administrator and Chief of Police. The City Council was called to order and the Public Hearing started at 6:00 P.M. and Regular Session started at 6:03 P.M. with no one attending the Public Hearing.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER. The Group assembled in the pledge to the U.S. Flag and to the Texas Flag. The group offered a prayer for the group and proceedings.
- Public comments on agenda items.
4. Public comments on non- agenda items.
5. There was a discussion about approving the city council meeting minutes from regular meeting 06/07/2022. Motion was made by Josh Richter and seconded by Jennifer Houghton. Karla Alton did not vote as she was out of state.
6. There was a discussion about a vegetation ordinance. Council was given opportunity to read over stipulations of ordinance. Motion was made by Josh Richter to approve vegetation ordinance and seconded by Richard Moore. Ordinance passed unanimously.
7. There was a discussion about a public nuisance ordinance. Council was given opportunity to read over stipulations of the ordinance. Motion was made by Josh Richter to approve public nuisance ordinance and seconded by Jennifer Houghton. Ordinance passed unanimously.
8. There was a discussion about adopting a water policy resolution for the City of Moody. Council reviewed and the resolution was read by Mayor Pro Tem John Carpenter. Motion was made by Richard Moore to approve the resolution and seconded by Josh Richter. Resolution was passed unanimously.
9. There was discussion about water at Teague Drive. The Watkins were given the opportunity to discuss the situation to council and council asked questions to the Watkins. After discussion, the discussion was tabled. The City Manager was advised by Council to seek legal agreement if possible with City Attorney and the Watkins.
10. There was a discussion in regards to drainage ditches on 509 Ave A.
No action was taken.
11. There was a discussion in regards to streets- Cotton Ridge, Second Chip Seal, and Ave A & Goodwin.
No action was taken.
12. Staff reports were given from the Chief of Police, Utility Supervisor, and the City Administrator.
13. No executive session needed.
14. Motion to adjourn was made by Richard Moore and seconded by Josh Richter.
Submitted by Renae Rivera