City of Moody, Texas
P.O. Box 68 606 Ave E.
Moody TX 76557
254-853-2314 Fax : 254-853-2164
The city council of Moody, Texas met in a regular session, May 10, 2022. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. The following items were addressed:
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT. Mayor Dowell called the Regular Session of the Moody City Council to order, determined that a quorum was present with Mayor Charleen Dowell, Richard Moore, Karla Alton, Jennifer Houghton, Josh Richter and John Carpenter. Members of the Council Bar also in attendance were City Administrator , Chief of Police, and Utility Director. The City Council was called to order and in session at 6:00 PM.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER. The group assembled in the pledge to the U.S. Flag and to the Texas Flag. The group offered a prayer for the group and proceedings.
- Public comments on agenda items.
4. Public comments on non-agenda items.
Andrew Miller, the superintendent of Moody Isd spoke on Kitchens Park and how he was wanting the City to take ownership of it.
Randy Gates spoke about being able to carry and how any citizen should be able to carry as well.
Brent McCain spoke on the City not being a full time courthouse and that licensed citizens should be allowed to carry in the City Hall building.
5. There was a discussion about the zoning of 301 Ave. B. City Manager Keith Fisher, explained that no vote or action needed to be taken because the owner came in and said he wanted to leave the property zoned as resedential. Karla Alton made a motion to accept to keep 301 Ave B. resedential, which was then seconded by Richard Moore. All for and none opposed.
6. There was a discussion for a variance to put a single wide mobile home on property at 117 Royce Drive. Code Enforcer, Hal Pagel, addressed the Council and spoke on ordinance Section 14, Subsection 3. Ms. Martin that currently owns and resides on property stated her reasoning behind the request for the variance. Mayor Dowell asked the City Manager to speak to the City Attorney for next steps.
7. There was a discussion about a City Wide Garage Sale/Fundraiser for the Moody Public Library. Ms. Haining addressed the Council and spoke on the plan for the event that would include approved vendors of items and food. Stating that 10% of the sales would go to the Library and the proposed date for the event possibly being June 25th. Motion made by Josh Richter to approve fundraiser and seconded by Richard Moore. All for and none opposed.
8. Staff reports were given from the Chief of Police, Utility Supervisor, and the City Administrator.
9. No executive session needed.
10. Motion to adjourn was made by Josh Richter and seconded by Jennifer Houghton. All for and none opposed. Meeting was adjourned at 6:40pm.