City of Moody, Texas
P.O. Box 68 606 Ave E.
Moody TX 76557
254-853-2314 Fax : 254-853-2164
MINUTES of the City Council, April 11, 2023
The city council of Moody, Texas met in a public hearing and a regular session April 23, 2023. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. The following items were addressed:
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT. Mayor Charlene Dowell called the Public Hearing of the Moody City Council to order, determined that a quorum was present with herself, John Carpenter, Richard Moore, Jennifer Houghton, and Karla Alton present. Council member Josh Richter was absent. Member of the Council Bar also in attendance was the City Administrator Keith Fisher. The City Council was called to order and the Public Hearing started at 6:00 P.M with no one present for the public hearing and so the Regular Session started at 6:03 P.M.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER. The Group assembled in the pledge to the U.S. Flag and to the Texas Flag. The group offered a prayer for the group and proceedings.
- Public comments on agenda items.
4. Public comments on non- agenda items.
5. Council was asked to review and approve the Council minutes from the previous meeting on 3/14/2023. A motion was made by John Carpenter and seconded by Jennifer Houghton. All for and none against, motion passed.
6. There was a discussion about 601 Ave. D in regard to utilities, set backs and railroad easements. There was no action taken on this matter and council asked for more information to be gathered from City Manager in regard to costs for railroad easements and boars.
7. Item #7 was discussed about resident at 205 Ave E requesting a waiver on a tax penalty, the City Manager explained that due to the ice storm the resident at said address was unable to pay his taxes on time and was requesting a waiver. A motion was made by Karla Alton and was seconded by Jennifer Houghton, all in favor and none opposed. Motion was passed.
8. Item #8 Mr. Ben Rosenburg was in attendance and gave a discussion pertaining to the TWDB Loan for the Wastewater Plant. He questioned the council if they wanted to continue moving forward with the loan that was previously proposed. Council agreed to continue to move forward. No action was needed.
9. Staff reports were given by the City Manager.
10. No executive session was needed.
11. Richard Moore motioned to adjourn the meeting and was seconded by Jennifer Houghton. Motion was passed and the meeting was adjourned at 7:20 p.m.
Submitted by Renae Rivera