CITY COUNCIL MEETING FOR A
REGULAR SESSION OF THE CITY COUNCIL
To discuss and potentially act upon posted Agenda Items
NOVEMBER 16, 2018 – 1:00PM
Notice is Hereby given of a meeting consisting of a REGULAR SESSION OF THE MOODY CITY COUNCIL to be held November 16, 2018. This REGULAR SESSION OF THE CITY COUNCIL will be to discuss and potentially act upon the below listed agenda items. THIS SESSION IS THE POSTPONED SESSION FROM NOVEMBER 13, 2018. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
CITY COUNCIL REGULAR SESSION
AGENDA – NOVEMBER 16, 2018 @ 1:00PM
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION: PUBLIC COMMENTS
3. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Review and approval of Minutes from October 9, 2018 Regular Session of the City Council.
4. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution naming a Grant Writer/Administrator for Community Development Building Grant for the coming program year.
5. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Moody Volunteer Fire Department presentation requesting for the City to borrow money as matching funds to purchase a new fire truck. A resolution to approve the purchase and obtain a loan.
6. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution to accept or reject the posted election results of the November 6, 2018 General election.
7. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION; Seating and Swearing in of New Council Members.
8. RECESS to City Staff Meeting and Luncheon.
9. COUNCIL CALLED BACK INTO BUSINESS SESSION;
10. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution naming the Mayor Pro-Tem of the City of Moody.
11. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
a. Meet with City Administrator and City Attorney regarding Council vacancy(ies).
b. Meet with City Attorney regarding Council Duties as Building and Standards Commission and current legal action on behalf of the City.
12. ADJOURN FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION TO BUSINESS SESSION.
13. REPORT FROM, OR DECISIONS TO BE MADE REGARDING EXECUTIVE SESSION
14. ITEMS FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION AND DISCUSSION- WORK SESSION (Information gathering, Discussions, Reports, Updates, Suggestions regarding future sessions); [no action will be taken by the Council on items presented in this part of the session.]:
a. Report of Public Works Director – Keith Fisher – Current operations review and Council Orientation to Utility Department Operations, conditions, needs, and future.
b. Report of Police Chief – Roger Kennedy – Current operations review and Council Orientation to Utility Department Operations, conditions, needs, and future.
c. Report of City Administrator – William A. Sterling
1. Current Financial Condition
2. Administrator’s Report
3. Current operations review and Council Orientation to Administration and General City Operations, conditions, needs, and future. Distribution of Orientation And Training Materials.
d. Other Staff Reports – City Attorney D. Lessman
e. Council Remarks or Inquiries
15. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION; Setting of Orientation Work Sessions for the City Council and Called Session.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.”
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun),), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”
End virtue de la Section 30,06, coding Penal (intrusion de matriculate titular con ulna pistol occult), el titular de la licensee end el subscapular H, capitol 411, coding de tobiano ley de licensees (pistol), no pureed entrap end Este establishment con ulna pistol occult”.
End virtue de la Section 30,07, Coding Penal (intrusion de titular de la licensee con ulna connoted leva pistol), el titular de la licensee end el subscapular H, capitol 411, coding de tobiano ley de licensees (pistol), no pureed entrap end seta provided con ulna pistol que abetment.”
Persons wishing to bring business before the City Council may request in writing to be placed on the agenda. Requests must be made at least 10 days prior to the regularly scheduled monthly City Council meeting held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00PM. Presentations will be limited to fifteen minutes unless approved by the City Council or prior arrangements are made. Oral or written questions, comments, or complaints may be made via the City Administrator’s/Manager’s office during regular working hours Monday through Friday.
Open comments are taken at each regular scheduled monthly City Council meeting, however, ‘no’ deliberation or action shall be taken regarding these comments. Agenda items will not be spoken to or addressed during ‘Open Comments.’ ‘Open comments’ are intended to be a time of informal conversation between the citizens of Moody and their City Council. During open comments only one person may speak to a topic and will be limited to 2 minutes without a required rebuttal or any re-direct. Council members may not ask questions or direct comments towards the speaker as this establishes a discussion and deliberation of the topic and said topic having not been posted publicly as required by law is therefore illegal and in violation of Title 5 Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code. Comments, issues, concerns, or complaints directed toward any individual city personnel by name(s) or specific title cannot be made in the ‘open comments’ section of the meeting and if desired such must be an approved agenda item requiring special consideration requiring a written complaint or complement and may need to be dealt with in Executive Session.
In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act, the City of Moody will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons attending City Council Meetings. To better serve you, requests should be received by the City 24 hours prior to the meetings. Please contact City Hall for assistance: 254-853-2134.