P.O. Box 68 606 Ave E.
Moody TX 76557
254-853-2314 Fax : 254-853-2164
MINUTES of the City Council- MARCH 8, 2022
The city council of Moody, Texas met in a public hearing and a regular session February 17, 2022. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. The following agenda items were addressed.
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT. Mayor, Charlene Dowell called the Public Hearing of the Moody City Council to order, determined that a quorum was present with Mayor Charlene Dowell, Richard Moore, Karla Alton, Jennifer Houghton, Josh Richter, and John Carpenter. Members of the Council Bar also in attendance were City Administrator and Chief of Police. The City Council was called to order and the public hearing started at 6:00PM and regular session started at 6:05PM.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER. The group assembled in the pledge to the U.S. Flag and to the Texas Flag. The group offered a prayer for the group and proceedings.
- Public comments on non-agenda items.
4. Public comments on agenda items.
5. There was a discussion about approving City Council minutes from regular meetings, 01/25/2022, 02/01/2022, and 02/17/2022. Motion was made by Josh Richter and seconded by Jennifer Houghton. All for and none against.
6. There was a discussion about Jason Tabors requesting for the address, 301 Ave B, to change zoning from Resident to Commercial, for Gentle Hospice to work out of. Motion was made to move to the next steps of submitting letters to neighbors and public hearing. Motion made by Josh Richter and seconded by John Carpenter. All for and none against.
7. Staff reports were given from the Chief of Police, Utility Supervisor, and the City Administrator.
8. No executive session needed.
9. Motion to adjourn was made by Josh Richter and seconded by John Carpenter
SUBMITTED BY: RENAE RIVERA