City of Moody
606 Ave E PO Box 68
Moody, TX 76557
(254) 853-2314 Fax (254) 853-2164
The City of Moody is under stage III of drought contingency Plan. This means The City of Moody will be starting water use restrictions for all customers. These restrictions will start on 08/14/2023. The restrictions are as follows.
- Restricted Hours: Outside watering is allowed daily, but only during periods specifically described in the customer notice; between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. for example;
Restricted Days/Hours: Water customers are requested to voluntarily limit the irrigation of landscaped areas with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems. Customers are requested to limit outdoor water use to Mondays for water customers with an odd numbered street address, Thursdays for water customers with an even numbered street address. However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted at anytime if it is by means of a hand-held hose, a faucet-filled bucket or watering can of five (5) gallons or less, or drip irrigation system.
2. Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibit except on designated watering days between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 8:00 p.m. and 1200 midnight. Such washing when allowed, shall be done with a hand held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rinses. Vehicle washing may be done at anytime on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety, and welfare of the public are contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and perishables.
3. Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or “Jacuzzi” type pool is prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 8:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight.
4. Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purpose is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
5. Use of water from hydrants or flush valve shall be limited to maintaining public health, safety, and welfare.
6. Use of water for the irrigation of golf courses, parks, and green belt area is prohibited except by hand-held hose and only on designated watering days between the hours 12:00 midnight and 10:00 a.m. and between 8:00 p.m. and 12:00 midnight.
7. The following uses of water are defined as nonessential and are prohibited:
a. Wash down of any sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, or other hard-surfaced areas;
b. Use of water to wash down buildings or structures for purposes other than immediate fire protection;
c. Use of water for dust control;
d. Flushing gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street;
e. Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) and
f. Any waste of water.
The City of Moody
Jerry Keith Fisher