Notice is hereby given that the City Council of Moody, Texas will hold a public hearing on April 19, 2022 @6:00 p.m. at City Hall, 606 Avenue E , at which time the following agenda items will be considered and upon which action may be taken.
- Changing zoning, for property located at 301 Avenue B, from Residential to Commercial.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of Moody, Texas will meet in called session on April 19, 2022 @ 6:10 p.m., directly after public hearing, at City Hall, 606 Avenue E, at which time the following agenda items will be considered and upon which action may be taken. The City Council reserves the right to enter closed session in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code regarding any item on the agenda.
Citizens are encouraged to follow Covid-19 safety measures provided by CDC guidelines.
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORLUM IS PRESENT.
- PLEDGES: OF ALLEGIANCE, TO THE TEXAS FLAG, BLESSING UPON GATHERING.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
- REVIEW AND APPROVE CITY COUNCIL MINUTES FROM REGULAR MEETING 03/08/2022.
- RETENTION AGREEMENT WITH CITY ATTORNEY.
- DISANNEXATION REQUEST FOR CAD# 152998, 467 VALLEY DRIVE, MOODY, TX 76557.
- ELECTION COMPLAINT OF RANDALL S. GATES.
- RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING CITY COUNCIL AGENDA PROCEDURES.
- ADOPT-UPDATE GUN LAWS.
- REZONING 106 AND 108 5TH STREET. 106 RESIDENTIAL AND 108 COMMERCIAL.
- REZONING 104 8TH STREET FROM COMMERCIAL TO RESIDENTIAL.
- COTTON HARVEST FESTIVAL FUNDRAISER.
- PARKING ON AVENUE B – NORTH OF SECOND STREET (NEW SUBDIVISION)
- AWARD ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES AND ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR AMERICAN RESCUE FUND ACT GRANT.
- WATER BILLS – AMERICAN RESCUE FUND ACT GRANT.
- STAFF REPORTS/UTILITY DIRECTOR, POLICE CHIEF AND ADMINISTRATOR.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION IF NEEDED.
This is an opportunity for the public to address the City Council Comments. Public comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker, unless the speaker requires the assistance of an interpreter, in which case the speaker is limited to six (6) minutes, in accordance with applicable law. Speakers are not allowed to donate their time. To address the City Council, each speaker who is present at the site must complete a Speaker Form and provide it to the City Secretary prior to the start of the meeting. Each speaker shall approach the designated speaker location and state his/her name and city of residence before speaking. Speakers shall address the City Council with civility that is conducive to appropriate public discussion. Speakers can address only the City Council and not individual city officials or employees. The public cannot speak from the audience but only from the designated speaker location. This is an opportunity for citizens to comment upon city business and city business only.
NOTICE: A VIOLATION OF THE CITIZEN PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES MAY BE ENFORCED BY ANY REMEDY PROVIDED BY LAW INCLUDING TERMINATING AN OFFENDING INDIVIDUAL’S OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE, REMOVING THE OFFENDING INDIVIDUAL FROM THE PREMISES, OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION UNDER SECTION 42.05 OF THE TEXAS PENAL CODE FOR DISRUPTION A MEETING.
NOTICE: A PERSON COMMITS AN OFFENSE BY POSSESSING A FIREARM, LOCATION RESTRICTED KNIFE, CLUB, OR PROHIBITED WEAPON LISTED IN SECTION 46.05(a) IN A ROOM OR ROOMS WHERE A MEETING OF A GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIY IS HELD. SECTION 46.03 TEX. PENAL CODE.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the agenda above of the City of Moody Council is a true and correct copy and that I did post a true and correct copy of said notice on the official bulletin board affixed to the outside of the Municipal Building, a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times, and has also been posted on the city’s website www.CityofMoody.net both notices were posted on April 15, 2022 at 5:00 P.M. and will remain posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Agenda subject to change up to 72 hours prior to the meeting.
____________________________________ Date: 04/15/2022
Jerry Keith Fisher