Notice is hereby given that the City Council of Moody, Texas will hold a public hearing on January 25, 2022 @6:00 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church of Moody, Texas Highway 107 and Church Street, at which time the following agenda items will be considered and upon which action may be taken.
1. Changing McLennan County property I.D. 151821 on Cora Lee Lane from R-single family to R-multi family. Thulasi Enterprises.
2. Annexation of McLennan County property I.D. 152769. Cuauhtemac Rivera.
Notice is hereby given that the City Council of Moody, Texas will meet in called session on January 25, 2022 @ 6:10 p.m., directly after public hearing, at the First United Methodist Church of Moody, Texas Highway 107 and Church Street, at which time the following agenda items will be considered and upon which action may be taken. The City Council reserves the right to enter closed session in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code regarding any item on the agenda.
Citizens are encouraged to follow Covid-19 safety measures provided by CDC guidelines.
1. CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORLUM IS PRESENT.
2. PLEDGES: OF ALLEGIANCE, TO THE TEXAS FLAG, BLESSING UPON GATHERING.
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
5. REVIEW AND APPROVE CITY COUNCIL MINUTES FROM REGULAR MEETING 12/14/2022.
6. CONSIDERATION, DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION CONCERNING AWARD OF A CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT FOR THE TxCDBG GRANT #7220310-CITY OF MOODY’S WATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT PROJECT, TO INCLUDE TxCDBG SECTION 3 GOALS.
7. NOMINATING BLUEBONNET W.S.C. PRIMARY AND ALTERNATE BOARD MEMBERS REPRESENTATIVES FOR THE CITY OF MOODY.
8. REINSTATING BOARD MEMBERS FOR THE HOUSING AUTHORITY.
9. SWEARING IN NEW COUNCIL MEMBERS.
10. COUNCIL PROCEDURES.
11. LITIGATION UPDATE.
12. STAFF REPORTS/UTILITY DIRECTOR, POLICE CHIEF AND ADMINISTRATOR.
13. EXECUTIVE SESSION IF NEEDED.
This is an opportunity for the public to address the City Council Comments. Public comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker, unless the speaker requires the assistance of an interpreter, in which case the speaker is limited to six (6) minutes, in accordance with applicable law. Speakers are not allowed to donate their time. To address the City Council, each speaker who is present at the site must complete a Speaker Form and provide it to the City Secretary prior to the start of the meeting. Each speaker shall approach the designated speaker location and state his/her name and city of residence before speaking. Speakers shall address the City Council with civility that is conducive to appropriate public discussion. Speakers can address only the City Council and not individual city officials or employees. The public cannot speak from the audience but only from the designated speaker location. This is an opportunity for citizens to comment upon city business and city business only.
NOTICE: A VIOLATION OF THE CITIZEN PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES MAY BE ENFORCED BY ANY REMEDY PROVIDED BY LAW INCLUDING TERMINATING AN OFFENDING INDIVIDUAL’S OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE, REMOVING THE OFFENDING INDIVIDUAL FROM THE PREMISES, OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION UNDER SECTION 42.05 OF THE TEXAS PENAL CODE FOR DISRUPTION A MEETING.
NOTICE: A PERSON COMMITS AN OFFENSE BY POSSESSING A FIREARM, LOCATION RESTRICTED KNIFE, CLUB, OR PROHIBITED WEAPON LISTED IN SECTION 46.05(a) IN A ROOM OR ROOMS WHERE A MEETING OF A GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIY IS HELD. SECTION 46.03 TEX. PENAL CODE.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that the agenda above of the City of Moody Council is a true and correct copy and that I did post a true and correct copy of said notice on the official bulletin board affixed to the outside of the Municipal Building, a place convenient and readily accessible to the public at all times, and has also been posted on the city’s website www.CityofMoody.net both notices were posted on January 21, 2022 at 5:00 P.M. and will remain posted continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of said meeting in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. Agenda subject to change up to 72 hours prior to the meeting.
____________________________________ Date: 01/21/2022
Jerry Keith Fisher