City of Moody, Texas
P.O. Box 68 606 Ave E.
Moody TX 76557
254-853-2314 Fax: 254-853-2164
MINUTES of the City Council, December 13, 2022
The city council of Moody, Texas met in a public hearing and regular session, December 13, 2022. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas
Government Code. The following items were addressed:
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT. Mayor Charleen Dowell called the
Moody City Council to order, determined that a quorum was present with Mayor Charleen
Dowell, Richard Moore, Karla Alton, Josh Richter, Jennifer Houghton, and John Carpenter.
Members of the Council Bar also in attendance were the City Administrator and Chief of
Police. The City Council was called to order and the public hearing for the Texas
Department council meeting started at 6:00pm. With no one in attendance for the Public
Hearing, the regular council meeting started at 6:05 p.m.
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER. The group assembled in the pledge to the U.S. Flag
and to the Texas Flag. The group offered a prayer for the group and proceedings.
3. Public comments on non-agenda items.
4. Public comments on agenda items.
5. Council was asked to review and approve the city council minutes from regular meeting
11/10/2022. One correction was asked to be made by council member Josh Richter in
regards to item #10. Motion was made by Karla Alton to approve and seconded by John
Carpenter, all for and none against, pending correction.
6. There was a discussion for council to approve the election results. Motion was made by
Josh Richter and seconded by Jennifer Houghton. All for and none against.
7. Judge Brian Richardson was in attendance to carry on the duty of swearing in the Mayor
and council members. Motion was made by Karla Alton to accept and seconded by
Richard Moore. Charleen Dowell was sworn in by Judge Brian Richardson, for Mayor,
Richard Moore was sworn in for councilman, as well as John Carpenter for councilman.
Documents were witnessed and signed by Notary.
8. There was a discussion about assigning, Yesenia Munoz as Moody Housing Authority
Commissioner to fill an unexpired term to end on August 22, 2023. Motion was made by
Karla Alton to accept and seconded by Richard Moore. All for and none against.
9. There was a discussion in regard to street closures for Christmas events downtown on the 21st of
December. Richard Moore motioned to approve closures and was seconded by Jennifer Houghton.
All for none against.
10. Item #10, #11, #12 were discussed in regard to the wastewater plant. Financial Advisor, Ben
Rosenburg addressed the council along with an engineer from MRB group to answer any questions.
Item #12 was voted on for resolutions and to continue on with the application for the
T.W.D.B. Loan for Wastewater Plant. Motion was made by Josh Richter to move forward and
seconded by Karla Alton. All for and none against.
11. Item #13 was moved to the following meeting.
12. Staff reports were given by the City Manager.
13.No Executive Session needed.
14. Motion was made by Karla Alton to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Josh Richter. All for and
none against. Meeting was adjourned at 7:07 p.m.
Submitted by Renae Rivera