City of Moody, Texas
P.O. Box 68 606 Ave E.
Moody TX 76557
254-853-2314 Fax : 254-853-2164
MINUTES of the City Council, November 10, 2022
The city council of Moody, Texas met in a regular session, November 10, 2022. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. The following items were addressed:
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT. Mayor Charlene Dowell called the Moody City Council to order, determined that a quorum was present with Mayor Charleen Dowell, Richard Moore, Karla Alton, Josh Richter, and John Carpenter. Members of the Council Bar also in attendance were the City Administrator and Chief of Police. The City Council was called to order and the council meeting started at 6:00pm.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER. The group assembled in the pledge to the U.S. Flag and to the Texas Flag. The group offered a prayer for the group and proceedings.
- Public comments on non-agenda items.
4. Public comments on agenda items.
Laura Ward spoke on annexation, mentioned about it being 2 years since the previous annexation has been in litigation without a verdict and has asked council to please let citizens vote on any future annexations.
5. There was a discussion about approving City Council minutes from regular meeting 10/11/2022. Motion was made by John Carpenter to approve and seconded by Richard Moore. All for and none against.
6. There was a discussion to convert 1508 Avenue E to Multi-Family, this was tabled.
7. There was no action on discussion of water on Teague drive.
8. No action taken on the discussion about Annette Laurich turning in complaint to the P.U.C.
9. No action was taken on the discussion for the water on Teague Drive for the Watkins.
10. There was a discussion about possible annexation east of Cotton Ridge for about 70 homes. Council spoke on the different reasons this would be an issue for the City. Motion was made by Karla Alton to decline and was seconded by Richard Moore. All council members voted against.
11. Staff reports were given by the Chief of Police, Utility Director and City Administrator.
12. Motion to adjourn made by Richard Moore and seconded by Karla Alton. All for and none against. Adjournment at 6:20pm.