City of Moody, Texas
P.O. Box 68 606 Ave E.
Moody Tx 76557
254-853-2314 Fax : 254-853-2164
MINUTES of the City Council, October 11, 2022
The city council of Moody, Texas met in a regular session, October 11, 2022. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. The following items were addressed:
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT. Mayor Charlene Dowell called the Moody City Council to order, determined that a quorum was present with Mayor Charlene Dowell, Richard Moore, Karla Alton, Josh Richter, Jennifer Houghton, and John Carpenter. Members of the Council Bar also in attendance were City Administrator and Chief of Police. The City Council was called to order and the regular session started at 6:00 p.m.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER. The group assembled in the pledge to the U.S. Flag and to the Texas Flag. The group offered a prayer for the group and proceedings.
- Public comments on non-agenda items. There was a subject brought up by Mr. Arnold Watson in regard to the property that he purchased on
- Public comments on agenda items. None.
- There was a discussion to review and approve city council minutes from regular meeting 9/13/22, and 9/19/22. There will be an amendment made to a date on the minutes. Richard Moore made a motion to approve the minutes and was seconded by John Carpenter. Motion passed.
- There was a discussion in regard to the Moody Library hosting Halloween Trunk or Treat and needing streets closed. Motion made to approve by Josh Richter and seconded by Karla Alton. Motion passed.
- City Administrator discussed that The Moody Housing Authority needed to replace a board member with Mr. E. Lightfoot. Richard Moore made a motion to approve, and John Carpenter seconded. Motion passed.
- Mr. Brennan Chatham discussed issues with the property that his brother, Bon Chatham and himself purchased and are trying to get annexed into the city in order to get water. The City Administrator, Keith Fisher discussed the different steps that were taking place and what else needed to be done.
- Nothing was discussed in regard to water on Teague Drive.
- Staff reports were given by Utility Manager, Chief of Police and City Administrator.
- No Executive Session was needed.
- Motion was made by John Carpenter to adjourn and was seconded by Jennifer Houghton, meeting was adjourned at 7:20 p.m.
Submitted by Renae Rivera