CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Notice is Hereby given of A REGULAR SESSION of the CITY COUNCIL of MOODY, TEXAS to be held Tuesday March 10, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. to consider the below listed agenda items.
All agenda items are subject to action. The Public is invited to be in attendance and participate in accordance with the Standing Rules of the Council. Public Comments are welcome and are an agenda item. Persons desiring to make a public comment are required to sign up prior to the meeting and to identify the agenda item or concern they wish to speak to. Individuals will be given two minutes in which to make their comments. This requirement is to help ensure orderly and timely progress of the Council Session. Rude or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. All persons need to be advised that only the members of the Council Bar may readily address the Mayor to speak. However, the Mayor may ask for comments from the audience or an individual(s) on agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to meet in closed session on any agenda item should the need arise and if applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA for MARCH 10, 2020
1. CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT.
2. PLEDGES: OF ALLEGIANCE, TO THE TEXAS FLAG, BLESSING UPON THE GATHERING
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS.
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS.
5. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution amending Utility FY2020 Budget.
6. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION and POSSIBLE ACTION; Resolution amending General Fund and establishing an “Undesignated Reserve Fund.”
7. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, and DISCUSSION = Work Session;(Information gathering, Discussions, Reports, Updates, Suggestions regarding future sessions); [no action will be taken by the Council on items presented in this part of the session.]:
a. Report of Public Works Director – Keith Fisher
b. Report of Police Chief – Roger Kennedy
8. c. Report of Chief Court Clerk – Jana Kennedy; State Mandated Municipal Court fines, fees, and legal process changes.
c. Report of City Administrator – William A. Sterling
1. Current Financial Condition
2. Current and Past Financial Audits
3. Administrator’s Report
9. d. Other Staff Reports – City Attorney D. Lessman
10. ITEM FOR COUNCIL ATTENTION, DISCUSSION, AND POSSIBLE ACTION IN OPEN SESSION = EXECUTIVE SESSION. The City Council will move from open public session to closed executive session to meet with Senior Staff and the City Attorney in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code.
11. ITEM FOR COUNCIL POTENTIAL ACTION; Report from Executive Session and possible action on Executive Session items.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.”
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), ), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government code (handgun Licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.”
En virtud de la Sección 30,06 , código Penal (intrusión de matrícula titular con una pistola oculta), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en este establecimiento con una pistola oculta”.
En virtud de la Sección 30,07 , Código Penal (intrusión de titular de la licencia con una connotada lleva pistola), ), el titular de la licencia en el subcapítulo H, capítulo 411, código de gobierno ley de licencias (pistola), no puede entrar en esta propiedad con una pistola que abiertamente.”
Persons wishing to bring business before the City Council may request in writing to be placed on the agenda. Requests must be made at least 7 working days prior to the regularly scheduled monthly City Council meeting held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:00PM. Agenda items must be approved by the Mayor or by at least two members of the City Council for placement on the agenda. Presentations will be limited to five minutes unless approved by the City Council or prior arrangements are made. Oral or written questions, comments, or complaints may be made via the City Administrator’s Office during regular working hours Monday through Friday.
Open comments are taken at each regular scheduled monthly City Council meeting. There are two separate agenda items for Public Comments. One for Public Comments regarding Agenda Items and another Agenda item for Non-Agenda items or citizen concerns. ‘No’ deliberation or action shall be taken regarding these comments. These comments are personal expression of opinions or concerns by citizens of Moody to their City Council. Public Comments will be limited to 2 minutes without a required rebuttal or any re-direct. Council members may ask questions or direct comments towards the speaker. Public Comments are not intended to be times of debate or argument. Comments, issues, concerns, or complaints directed toward any individual city personnel by name(s) should not be made in the ‘Public Comments’ section of the meeting and there is established City Policy regarding complaints against the City or a staff member.
In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act, the City of Moody will provide for reasonable accommodations for persons attending City Council Meetings. To better serve you, requests should be received by the City 24 hours prior to the meetings. Please contact City Hall for assistance: 254-853-2134.