The City council of Moody, Texas met in a public hearing and a regular session January 25, 2022. This meeting was duly announced in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code. The following agenda items were addressed.
- CALL TO ORDER, ESTABLISH A QUORUM IS PRESENT. Mayor Dowell called the Public Hearing of the Moody City Council to order, determined that a quorum was present with Mayor Charleen Dowell, Richard Moore, Karla Alton, Jennifer Houghton, Josh Richter and John Carpenter. Members of the Council Bar also in attendance were City Administrator , Chief of Police, and City Attorney. The City Council was called to order and the public hearing started at 6:00 PM. No comments were made on public hearing items. Adjourned public hearing at 6:04 PM and regular session started at 6:05 PM.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & PRAYER. The group assembled in the pledge to the U.S. Flag and to the Texas Flag. The group offered a prayer for the group and proceedings.
- Public comments on non- agenda items.
4. Public comments on agenda items.
Randy Gates – talked about swearing in of council members, and election results.
5. Approval of the minutes from December 14, 2021 reviewed and approved minutes as read, Motion to approve was made by Richard Moore and seconded by Jennifer Houghton.
6. There was discussion on a presentation handed out to each council person from Langford Community Management Service. The council was giving an opportunity to read through presentation. A motion was made to award CDBG contract to LC Paving and Construction, LLC who was lowest bidder. Motion was made by John Carpernter and seconded by Jennifer Houghton. All for and none against.
7. There was discussion that a primary and alternate board member for the Bluebonnet W.S.C. needed to be nominated. Last years board members representing The City of Moody were, Keith Fisher (Primary) and Josh Richter (Secondary). A motion was made to nominate, Keith Fisher (primary) and Josh Richter (secondary) to represent the City of Moody as Bluebonnet WSC board members. Motion made by Richard Moore and seconded by John Carpenter. All for and none against.
8. There was discussion and reinstating Housing Authority board members. Motion was made to reinstate existing board members, Linda Ewing, Richard Eberstacher, and Alma Gutierrez as Moody Housing Authority Commissioners. Motion made by Josh Richter and seconded by Jennifer Houghton. All for and none against.
There was discussion on swearing in of new council meetings. Motion was made to table action on swearing in of new council members. Motion made by Richard Moore and seconded by Jennifer Houghton. All for and none against.
10. Denny Lessman (City Attorney)- presented a resolution clarifying the conduct of the action taken at it’s meetings and more accurately recording those actions. A motion was made to approve this resolution. Motion was made by Josh Richter and seconded by Jennifer Houghton. All for and none against.
11. Staff Reports were given from the Chief of Police and The City Administrator.
12. Executive Session – Denny Lessman gave an update on letigation.
No action was taken and nothing to report on executive session.
13. Motion to adjourn was made by Jennifer Houghton and seconded by Richard Moore.
All for and none against.
submitted by: Keith Fisher